This blog has been around for just over a year now (A blog about Down syndrome from a father’s perspective, 1 year later) and with that so did my experience as a blogger. I have learned a lot over this past year and also made a few connections to others that are in a similar place. The process alone has been a rewarding experience but then the other day I was informed that I was nominated for a Liebster Award – I was honored.
A Liebster Award is…….
As a “newbie” to the blogging world I had not heard of a Liebster Award before a couple of weeks ago when I read about it on another blog I follow. In fact, it was the owner of that blog (Little Bird’s Dad) that nominated Treyton’s Posse for the Liebster Award. After receiving the nomination I did a little more research to see what the award was and what it involved. The award is given to new upcoming bloggers by his/her peers. It is acknowledgement by other bloggers that the nominated blog is valued and deserves further recognition.
Like most awards there are some rules or requirements that must be met once nominated – five to be specific.
- Thank the Liebster-winning Blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs you feel deserve to be noticed.
Starting the process.
The first part of the process is thanking the blog that made the nomination. As I stated earlier Little Bird’s Dad is the name of the blog that nominated Treyton’s Posse for the Liebster Award. Like Treyton’s Posse, Little Bird’s Dad is a blog created by a father that has a child with Down syndrome. Take some time and check it out (follow this link to Little Bird’s Dad), it is worth it. One of the things I like most about Little Bird’s Dad is that it feels like the blog is true to the person he is, like it is an extension of him and not an attempt to be something other than who he is. It is authentic.
Eleven Facts About Me
- I have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 20 years (July 31).
- I am the youngest of three kids.
- As a child my house was hit by lightning twice over a span of three days.
- I completed the 2003 Chicago Marathon.
- I am a certified scuba diver (PADI Advanced Open Water).
- I have been to the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.
- After high school I went to college in Chicago for a couple of years but moved back home and now live about three miles from where I grew up.
- In junior high I owned a white sport coat and tried to dress like Crockett (Don Johnson) on Miami Vice.
- I no longer jump on trampolines due to freak accident. When it was my turn to do a trick both of my patellar tendons snapped (completely ruptured) so both of my knee caps needed to be reattached.
- My dad was a cement contractor when I was a kid so I spent my summers working for him pouring cement. I was eleven when I decided that I was going to college.
- When I was sixteen I spent 5 weeks living in a palm-board shack on a missionary compound in the Dominican Republic.
The remaining steps of the Liebster Award process.
Two of the five requirements have been completed with this post; I thanked Little Bird’s Dad for the nomination and also listed eleven facts about myself. Over the next few blog posts I intend on completing the Liebster Award process. I will seek to answer 5 of the 11 questions in my next post and the remaining questions in the post after that.
With a third post I will complete the process. That blog post will contain the list of blogs that I feel are worthy of the nomination as well as the questions I have chosen for them. I hope that you will find this part of the journey to be rewarding as you learn a little more about me and Treyton’s Posse. You can also look forward to finding some new blogs that offer new and interesting insights into our world.